Sometimes, I like to think in metaphors, when I get bored of thinking straight in a simple way. It adds sublimity to my thoughts and it’s a kind of meditation to me. It’s just like playing a game with my thoughts. A Metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is regarded as representative or symbolic of something else.
The first thing that I/We notice in somebody is Eyes. So, today I want to write about the list of metaphors that comes in my mind when I think of Eyes.
- The core of the Earth.
- A place where light and darkness meets.
- Reading a blank book.
- Waiting for someone.
- A diamond with no edges.
- An underwater earthquake.
- A glass door with no handles.
- Silence that speaks louder.
- A mirror showing your deepest desires (like in Harry Potter😋).
- A long road with no end.
- A mystery that could never be solved.
- A universe within a universe
- A radio playing Visions of Gideon on repeat.
- A person trying hard to walk on a wire, by making a balance.
- Reading magical realism and non-fiction together.
- A place where weather changes unpredictably, sometimes it rains endlessly and sometimes there is drought.
- A wall that yearns to be broken.
- A song with no lyrics.
- A letter that was never sent.
- A house where people can live without paying any rent.
- A place where truth and lie play hide and seek.
P.S. So, how many of these could you relate with?
This is a series, so would be doing more posts like this in future as well.
Featured Image: Unsplash.com