Hey, welcome to my blog!!
I believe my writing was intriguing enough for you to land on my About page. (Well, I am assuming it in a positive sense!)
Before I write more, I want to share one of my deepest fears. Yes, with you my dear reader! Please, don’t tell this to anyone.😛
There is this question that has bugged me since childhood. Whenever it comes, I don’t know what to do next. When the entire world is talking about bigger problems like Global Warming and Climate change, my problem is this simple question- “Tell me something about yourself?”
Yes, Reader! I go insane thinking about that “perfect” answer for this question, because it always pinches me. Neither I want its answer to be superfluous, nor to be too bleak and lacking substance. And I am caught in between, struggling for the right words to produce that best possible answer.
However, here I have to just write, so the onus has significantly reduced compared to babbling face to face and making a fool of myself. Also, this is my space so who the heck cares?!
So, these are some points that suffice me :-
- I…umm..I…Damn! I don’t know where to start from, I am so lame!(I guess this also counts as a point😛)
- I have been remarked as a reserved and quiet person since childhood. But, I think there is this freaking crazy girl somewhere inside me.(That only few selective people in my life know).
- Just to second the above point, because of the same reason I started my WordPress blog quite late in 2017.(After being pushed so much by my friends.)
- To elaborate more on the above point, I experienced Depression for the first time at that point of my life. So, writing was a healing mechanism.( Which means, if you are going through any mental health problem, you can always reach out to me here.)
- My blog name-The Undomestic Writer, signifies my situation in the best possible way. I have always struggled with these boundaries and limitations that the people around us set. And my inner self always craves for breaking free out of these stereotypes. (Also, this was partly inspired from a book’s title)
- When it comes to reading, I prefer rare and underrated books. Also, I am kind of obsessed with Japanese Literature and everything related to Japan!
- In books, I prefer hardcovers instead of e-books. I have a small library of my own. So come to my house, I have great books.😛
- To add more, I am an old school and prefer hand written notes and face to face meetings than any other virtual medium.
- I don’t know if I should mention it here, but I can tell more about people from their eyes. I have this intuitive power.
- Because of which I could also tell, when a person is lying and I hate liars. 😛
- Just to make my point here. I am not a frequent writer on WordPress. But when it comes to writing I have always tried to be honest with my feelings and words here.
- Also, when it comes to expressing my feelings I am the dumbest person on this earth. So, writing is the only way to express myself honestly.
- My infrequency makes me miss most of the amazing interactions out here. But, I am always there on other side. So be free to reach out!
P.S. Quoting Jorge Luis Borges–
“I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read and all the people that I have met.”